Covid-19 and Sevenoaks District Council
An outline of some of the things SDC is doing at this time.
For our part Sevenoaks' District council has implemented the following measures:
- Car parking charges have been removed, clearly we are in unusual times and car travel is, for a time, to be encouraged in preference to using public transport.
- Maintaining our services in challenging circumstances. This includes the weekly bin collection in the face of higher levels of domestic waste, and obvious potential staffing issues. Note: Rotas may have to change slightly in order to allow staggered arrivals/departures from the Dunbrick depot to facilitate social distancing for our workers, but the frequency is unchanged.
- Implementing the various grant schemes for small businesses, as instituted by Central Government. The letters for this have now gone out.
- Housing Benefit and Council tax support is being arranged, including support which is not included in Central Government Schemes.
- The council has given some financial support to a scheme run by the Invicta Chamber of commerce, to help businesses within the district.
- Finally SDC is also launching a Community Volunteer Scheme but there are also a number of more local volunteering schemes.